Process of Residential Property Management
- Tenant search
- Tenant Screening
- Door lock replacement
- Room/facility check up before tenant occupancy, etc.
* The following points illustrate major items to be explained clearly to the client when a residential asset is managed for a foreign landlord:
- Explanation of the typical procedure of leasing in Japan.
- Major clauses of a property management contract (e.g. the role of the property manger, fees)
- Rent Collection
- Payment of CAM charges, contingency reserve fund and other fees.
- Security deposit upkeep
- Resolving rent arrears
- Tax agent services etc.
- The party who is responsible for fund transfer fees and exchange rate risk when rental income is paid to the foreign landlord.
- Required payment of CAM charges, contingency reserve fund, and repair costs are the termination of a lease contract.
- Regular visitation, cleaning, maintenance and repair.
- Plumbing cleaning, maintenance of the prevention equipment and pest control.
- Condominium association related work, if applicable, etc.
- Translation of materials published by the condominium association.
- Whether or not to vote for the landlord at a general assembly of the condominium association.
- Means of communication between the landlord and the property manager.
- Negotiation of lease terms after renewal
- Collection of renewal fees
- Payment of necessary costs for renewal, etc.
- Lease cancellation by the landlord is possible only when there is a justifiable reason.
- Negotiation with the tenant on the repair of the leased premises upon termination.
- Confirmation of moving-out including key return.
- Refund of security deposit etc.
- Return of the security deposit when the tenant moves out.
- The rules of sharing the necessary repair costs between the landlord and the tenant at the lease termination.